Denis M. McCarthy, M.D.
Dr. Denis McCarthy is the President of Pathology Consultants, PC, and CEO for Northwest Pathology Services, LLC. He previously served as Pathology Department Chair for PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend and is currently Pathology Consultants Director of Immunohistochemistry.
Recruited for his expertise in cytopathology, Dr. McCarthy joined Pathology Consultants in 2004 to practice anatomic and clinical pathology.
Dr. McCarthy directs Pathology Consultant’s patient care by offering fine needle aspirations for hospital and office-based patients.
- Cytopathology, American Board of Pathologists, 2004
An outdoor enthusiast who enjoys biking, sailing, and snowboarding, Denis and his wife have two adult children and far too many plants.
Education & Training
- Fellowship in Cytopathology, Oregon Health and Science University, 2004
- Residency in anatomic and clinical pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 2003
- Medical degree, Oregon Health Sciences University, 1999
- Undergraduate degree, Evergreen State College, 1993