Lauren Hammock, M.D.
Dr. Lauren Hammock is currently the Medical Director for Northwest Pathology Services and Medical Director for Surgical Pathology Services at PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend.
Dr. Hammock was recruited to Pathology Consultants in 2007 from Santa Fe Pathology Associates. In addition to dermatopathology, Dr. Hammock enjoys seeing a broad mix of anatomic pathology, including cytopathology.
- Cytopathology (non-boarded 5th credentialing year)
- Dermatopathology, boarded by American Boards of Pathology and Dermatology, 2005
Lauren was previously employed as a professional orchestral musician, and enjoys outdoor exercise, sports, and reading. She has been on several medical mission trips to South Pacific, Dominican Republic, and Peru. Lauren has served on the board of Planned Parenthood of Southwest Oregon and is currently on the board of Stop Pet Overpopulation Today (SPOT), which offers financial aid to low-income individuals for spaying/neutering dogs. She and her husband have been active in dog rescue and have several elderly dogs.
Education & Training
- Fellowship in dermatopathology at Johns Hopkins Medical Center, 2005
- Fellowship in cytopathology at Emory University, 2002
- Residency in anatomic and clinical pathology, Jackson Memorial Hospital and Emory University, 2004
- Medical degree (MD), University of Miami School of Medicine, 1999
- Bachelor of Music, Baylor University, 1987